Transitions Optical is offering industry professionals the chance to attend the 22nd annual Transitions Academy from Feb. 11-14, 2018 in Orlando.
“We are excited to once again have our partners join us at Transitions Academy and to be able to provide them with a unique educational experience that can be shared with their co-workers and customers,” said José Alves, general manager, Americas. “Last year, almost half of those in attendance were first-year attendees, and we want to continue to offer multiple ways for Transitions® brand supporters to attend and participate.”
Industry professionals can earn invitations to attend Transitions Academy 2018 through the following ways:
- Become a Transitions Innovation Award Finalist – Open to optical industry professionals, educators, regional retailers, optical laboratories, and independent eyecare professionals and practices, the Transitions Innovation Awards categories include: 2017 Transitions Brand Ambassador (individual-only award), Retailer of the Year, Eyecare Practice of the Year, Best in Training and Best in Marketing. Nominations for all Transitions Innovation Awards will be accepted online (at Transitions.com/Awards) from October 1 – 31, 2017. To enter, candidates must complete a nomination form and detail their 2017 efforts in the following evaluation areas: commitment and inspiration, goals, plan and creativity, and impact and results.
Nominees are welcome to enter more than one category and can self-enter, or can be nominated by a lab, lens manufacturer, industry colleague or other industry organization representative. An Innovation Awards resource guide is also available this year to provide tools to assist interested industry professionals with the Innovation Awards nomination process, as well as a structured way to focus on and track their goals throughout the year.
- Attend as a Guest of Your Lens Supplier – Industry professionals should let their Transitions® lens supplier know they would like to register for Transitions Academy. Many lens suppliers are providing opportunities and promotions for customers to earn their way and attend as their guest.
- Become a Transitions Change Agent – Transitions Optical is recruiting eyecare professionals who are millennials or serve many millennial patients and are looking to change the conversations their peers and patients are having around Transitions lenses. Industry professionals interested in becoming a Transitions Change Agent can visit TransitionsPRO.com/ChangeAgent to apply.
- Request a Spot / Nominate Someone to Attend – Although Transitions Academy is an invitation-only event, Transitions is reserving spaces for interested industry professionals from North America. Past Academy attendees can also nominate someone who should be added to the invitation list. Those interested can request to attend at TransitionsAcademy.com, more details regarding cost and arrangements will be provided.
- Join the Speaker’s Bureau – qualified industry speakers can email Transitions Customer service (email@example.com) to learn more about becoming a part of the Transitions Speakers Bureau, and to inquire about Transitions Academy benefits.About Transitions Academy
Transitions Academy is one of the most well-recognized and unique educational events in the optical industry. Each year, hundreds of industry professionals from across North America (and oftentimes across the globe) attend to participate in professional development and product technology workshops; hear from experts and educators on marketing and industry trends; and learn from their peers and partners during panel discussions.
About Transitions Optical
Transitions Optical is the leading provider of plastic photochromic (adaptive) lenses to optical manufacturers worldwide. Having been the first to successfully manufacture and commercialize plastic adaptive lenses in 1990, and as a result of its relentless investment in research and development and technology, Transitions Optical offers a wide variety of products, setting new standards of advanced performance to provide ever increasing visual comfort and UV protection.
Product leadership, consumer focus, and operational excellence have made the Transitions® brand one of the most recognized consumer brands in optics.