Registration is now open for one of the industry’s most well-recognized educational events.
The Transitions team looks forward to welcoming attendees in person to the 25th Transitions Academy on January 16 – 19, 2022 at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes in Orlando, Fla.
“This upcoming event will mark 25 years of Transitions Academy and we can’t wait to celebrate this milestone and the future trajectory of the optical industry with attendees,” said Chrystel Barranger, president of Wholesale EMEA at EssilorLuxottica and president Essilor Photochromics and Transitions Optical. “The energy and excitement that we share with our partners during Transitions Academy is truly unique, and we’re already working hard to create another unforgettable experience together.”
Industry professionals can earn an invitation to attend Transitions Academy 2022 through the following ways:
- Become a Transitions Innovation Award Finalist – The awards are open to optical industry professionals, educators, retailers, optical laboratories and independent eyecare professionals and practices in the U.S. and Canada. The Transitions Innovation Awards categories include: 2021 Transitions Brand Ambassador (individual-only award), Retailer of the Year, Eyecare Practice of the Year, Best in Training and Best in Marketing.
Nominations for all Transitions Innovation Awards for the U.S. and Canada will be accepted online (HERE for Canada) from October 1 – 31, 2021. To enter, candidates must complete a nomination form and detail their 2021 efforts in the following evaluation areas: commitment and inspiration, goals, plan and creativity, and impact and results. Nominees are welcome to enter more than one category and can self-enter, or can be nominated by a lab, lens manufacturer, industry colleague or other industry organization representative. An Innovation Awards resource guide and past winner profiles are also available to assist interested industry professionals with the nomination process, as well as a structured way to focus on and track their goals throughout the year.
Additionally, two special recognition awards will also be given: one for Latin America and one for Europe.
- Ask Your Lens Supplier Representative – Industry professionals should let their Transitions® lens supplier know they would like to register for Transitions Academy. Many lens suppliers are providing opportunities for customers to earn their way and attend.
- Become a Transitions Change Agent – Transitions Optical is recruiting eyecare professionals who are Generation Z or millennials, or serve many Generation Z or millennial patients, and are looking to change the conversations their peers and patients are having around Transitions lenses. Industry professionals interested in becoming a Transitions Change Agent can visit TransitionsPRO.com/ChangeAgent to apply.
- Request a Spot / Nominate Someone to Attend – Although Transitions Academy is an invitation-only event, spaces are reserved for interested industry professionals from North America. Those interested can request to attend at TransitionsAcademy.com and more details regarding cost and arrangements will be provided.
- Join the Speaker’s Bureau – qualified industry speakers can email Transitions customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about becoming a part of the Transitions Speakers Bureau.
About Transitions Academy
Transitions Academy is one of the most well-recognized and unique educational events in the optical industry. Each year, hundreds of industry professionals from across the globe attend to participate in professional development and product technology workshops, hear from experts and educators on marketing and industry trends, and learn from their peers and partners during panel discussions.
About the Transitions® Brand
Transitions® eyeglass lenses and shields set new standards of advanced performance to provide ever increasing visual comfort and optimum harmful blue light protection, and always blocking 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
Product leadership, consumer focus, and operational excellence have made the Transitions® brand one of the most recognized consumer brands in optics. For more information about Transitions® Light Intelligent Lenses™, visit www.Transitions.com or TransitionsPRO