Expo Returns to Las Vegas September 27-30
The Vision Council and RX today opened registration for Vision Expo West 2023 in Las Vegas at the Venetian Expo & Convention Center. Held from September 27-30, show organizers are planning a robust Expo experience, including diverse show floor neighborhoods, engaging programming and events and a world-class education program.
“Vision Expo West is poised to be a great show,” said Fran Pennella, Vice President, Vision Expo at RX, and co-organizer of Vision Expo. “We can’t wait to welcome the ophthalmic community to Las Vegas for a week of eyewear, education, fashion, networking, and cutting-edge innovation.”
The show’s educational program, VisionEd, developed by the Education Planning Committee and OptiCon® @ Vision Expo, will open Wednesday, September 27, and the Exhibit Hall will open Thursday, September 28.
To register as an attendee, click here.
Vision Expo is the definitive nexus of fashion-forward eyewear, showcasing countless esteemed and up-and-coming brands in addition to offering a world-class education program that invites attendees to select from an extensive catalog of accredited optometric, opticianry, and business education, with world-renowned experts at the helm of every session.
Exhibit hall neighborhoods returning to Vision Expo West include:
- The Focus: The Future of Vision Care is found in The Focus. This neighborhood brings together the most complete view of innovations in lens processing, medical and diagnostic tech, disease management solutions, contact lens innovations, and eyecare practice optimization.
- The Panorama: The Panorama features cutting-edge business solutions, medical advances, software, and wearables that are paving the path for what’s to come in the industry.
- The Park: At The Park, the showcase is premier eyewear, featuring the broadest selection of fashion, sports, and prestige eyewear in addition to large-scale, immersive exhibits.
- The Union: The Union is a vibrant oasis for the latest in independent design. This lively showcase is the pulse of Vision Expo’s fashion scene, with new collection launches, exciting pop-culture collaborations, and the most talked-about trends.
- The Atelier: Centered in the heart of the Union, The Atelier will showcase artisanal eyewear and a limited group of sought-after independent designers from around the globe.
- The Suites: Perched on the 35th floor of The Venetian Hotel, The Suites provide exclusive access to luxury fashion houses, crafting an unrivaled and intimate buying journey.
- Look East: A curated collection from Asia’s leading suppliers, Look East is a bustling marketplace for eyecare professionals and retailers seeking a diverse mix of frames, eyewear components, and chic accessories.
“Vision Expo West offers the industry an unparalleled opportunity to do business, make connections, and expand their knowledge with our comprehensive education sessions, special events, and expansive exhibitions,” said Mitch Barkley, Vice President of Trade Shows and Events at The Vision Council. “We are so excited to welcome everyone to Las Vegas for this phenomenal show.”
Vision Expo’s world-class education program includes 300 hours of new Optometric and Opticianry continuing education, ranging from disease management and practice growth to lens innovation, eyewear trends, and more.
On the clinical side of the program, doctors can learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the field of optometry, who will unveil leading-edge technology and the latest trends in the diagnosis and treatment of common eye diseases, as well as strategies for business growth.
OptiCon® @ Vision Expo will return with an unmatched education program and Exhibit Hall experience for Opticians, Contact Lens Professionals, Allied Ophthalmic Professionals, Optical Assistants and Office Managers, Frame Buyers, and Lab Technicians. Additionally, OptiCon® @ Vision Expo will include:
- The OptiCon Hub: Offering networking, social events and access to representatives and resources from the American Board of Opticianry and National Contact Lens Examiners (ABO-NCLE), Opticians Association of America (OAA), National Federation of Opticianry Schools (NFOS), Contact Lens Society of America (CLSA) and vendor partners.
- OptiCon® @ Vision Expo General Session: Imagine your life without sight and sound. How would you live your life differently if you knew that soon you would no longer be able to see or hear? Rebecca Alexander has been simultaneously losing both her vision and hearing since she was an adolescent. Born with a rare genetic disorder called Usher Syndrome (type 3), Rebecca was told that by age 30, she’d be completely blind. Then, at 19, one year after a fall from a second-story window left her body completely shattered, she discovered she would lose her hearing as well. Join us as Blair Wong, ABOM, NCLEC catches up with Rebecca Alexander on her accomplishments, challenges and the encouragement and inspiration that Rebecca gives to others who are facing their own challenges. The OptiCon® @ Vision Expo General Session will take place Thursday, September 28 at the Innovation Stage.
VisionEd also features the Marketing4ECPs Social Media Bootcamp, specifically designed for eye care professionals looking to maximize their online presence and harness the true potential of social media platforms for their practice.
- The Innovation Stage will host a rich schedule of special events, panels, and presentations, including a lively conversation about the impacts of ChatGPT in the vision care sector. Submissions are currently being accepted for panelists to join this forum. To be considered, please email Sara Bonizio at email@example.com.
- EYEnovate, a new addition to Vision Expo West, will also take place at the Innovation Stage. This inaugural event is dedicated to exploring the bleeding edge of advancements in eyecare technology. Featuring 15-minute talks by leaders in their respective fields, EYEnovate will showcase the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, surgical tools, VR/AR, and other emerging technologies.
To register for exhibit hall and/or continuing education, click here.
Exhibitor registration will open mid-July.
Vision Expo West’s partner hotels are now accepting reservations at special rates. Information on participating hotels and instructions on booking are available here. Room block requests for ten or more rooms can also be made here.
# # #
About Vision Expo
Vision Expo East and West are trade-only conferences and exhibitions for eyecare and eyewear presented by co-owners RX and The Vision Council. Vision Expo is the complete event for ophthalmic professionals, where eyecare meets eyewear, and education, fashion and innovation mingle. In the Vision Expo Exhibit Hall, eyecare providers can discover trends, interact with new technologies and access innovative products and services. The Vision Expo education program is driven by the profession, offering content of the highest quality and relevance to enhance overall patient care. For more information, visit visionexpo.com and follow Vision Expo on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About The Vision Council
The Vision Council brings the power of sight to all through education, government relations, research and technical standards. A leading advocate for the optical industry, the association positions its members to deliver the eyewear and eyecare people need to look and feel their best. Vital to health, independence and safety, better vision leads to better lives. Learn more at thevisioncouncil.org.
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com