The North American subsidiary of independent Barcelona eyewear firm, Etnia Barcelona, today announced the opening of a new, custom built multifunction showroom
designed to offer customers an extensive immersion into the brand as well as facilitate a unique buying experience for American, Latin American and Canadian customers.
With nearly 5,000 square feet, the multi-function showroom features offices for regional leadership; a showroom allowing for effective sales and exposure to the brand’s unique selling proposition; and an expansive warehouse allowing for more efficient distribution across the Americas. Designed by Miami architecture studios KoDA Miami and Daniel Villa, AIA, the space has garnered architectural accolades with the 2016 Merit Award of Excellence for Unbuilt Work from AIA Miami and is the largest in size after the company’s Barcelona headquarters.
“Since acquiring full distribution of the brand in the Americas in 2015, Etnia Barcelona has been aggressive about driving growth in the Americas to parallel the company’s European market-share,” said Miquel Huguet, North American General Manager, Etnia Barcelona. “The opening of our new space in Miami allows us a strong gateway to the region and positions us as a strong contender in the eyewear category for customers looking for quality design and product.”
With a commitment to tapping into culture to influence the brand’s creative spirit, the location for the new facility was purposely chosen in Miami’s Little Haiti, one of the fastest growing business districts with deep roots to the city’s cultural landscape. The design and structure of the new multi-function showroom includes:
• Freestanding walls that will serve as canvases for local artists to help tell the brand story and live into Etnia Barcelona’s creative, stylistic freedom
• Offices for regional leadership and staff
• Flexible open floor plan that allows for collaboration, innovation and future growth
• Spacious and contemporary interior, inspired by the brand story of art, culture and design
• A display of the full current collection of Etnia Barcelona products, a total of over 1,000